JOIN OUR TEAM
WHO WE HIRE:
THE ATHLETE WHO HAS BECOME A COACH
- Has a past as an athlete, then as a trainer in their sport.
- Easy to establish honest relationships with all kinds of people.
- Is now interested in training because of the impact it can have on people’s lives.
- Is happy to be established in Dana Point.
- Wonder if it is possible to have a sustainable career as a coaching professional.
THE LICENSED PRACTITIONER
- Has training in kinesiology, exercise physiology or physical therapy – even social work (Yes you make GREAT coaches)!
- Already working as a practitioner, but would like to be able to go deeper to help their clients.
- Wishes to have a career as a professional trainer, but does not see how their present job can provide them with this opportunity.
- Knows they want to live in the Dana Point area.
- Wants to work within a team, but also to have the freedom to develop professionally independently.
THE EXPERIENCED COACH
- Already a full-time trainer or coach.
- Receives acceptable pay, but is tired of working the floor from morning to night to make it happen.
- Enjoys helping people by working on basic and long term aspects of physical capacity.
- Would like to be part of a team for the professional energy that this brings.
- Seeking to live in the Dana Point area long-term for its quality of life.
ROLE OF A COACH AT BEACH CITIES FITNESS
- Support members in their progress, both physically and psychologically.
- Develop your own clientele. Be ready to connect with people who have genuine potential to benefit from your services.
- Teach in private. Teach the basics and details of movements used in general physical preparation (GPP) while establishing an authentic and professional relationship for the future.
- Teach / supervise group members. Work to master the management, supervision and teaching of GPP training in groups.
- Embody and guide members in the group culture of Beach Cities Fitness: work hard, but intelligently, respect the difficulties related to progress, do not take yourself too seriously.
- Contribute to the daily tasks of the company: programming, maintenance, creation of web content (social networks and articles), etc.
Beach Cities Fitness is seeking a full-time coach to join our staff and team. This position requires coaching between 6-9 classes per week, performing 9-12 hours of private training programming and sessions per week, and 5-10 hours per week of administrative duties related to member acquisition and retention. Experience working with a broad array of clients spanning the spectrum in age, physical ability, and fitness is required.
We seek a coach who can generate and convert prospective leads, on-board and prepare new members for group classes, and maintain an attentive, on-going relationship with our existing members. For the right person, someone hungry to build a stable clientele and develop as a coach, this position offers the opportunity for full-time employment as well as income and career growth.
Our ideal candidate is committed to a professional career in coaching, has a CF-L1 or equivalent certification at minimum, and one or more years of experience coaching group fitness. More importantly, we seek a coach who is passionate about helping others realize the transformative potential of fitness and who has experience coaching individuals with varied skill and fitness profiles. The ideal candidate brings value to group classes, personal training, and the coaching team by generously sharing their expertise and knowledge with others, and they routinely invests in their personal and professional development through continuing education practices.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
In your cover letter, please address the following questions:
Why do you feel you are a perfect fit for this position?
How do you think you will add value to our clients?
What are your core values?
Please provide examples of how these values influence your approach to coaching/training as well as life more broadly.
Above all, we are looking for quality people with whom to share a project that we are passionate about.